Rane AutoMixer 1 AM1
The Rane AM2 is both an 8 channel, gain-sharing automatic mic mixer and simultaneously a Rane RAD. Use it as a standalone mic-only mixer, add more gain-shared mics using up to seven additional AM2 Automixers, and/or use the RAD Port to transport the mic mix to Rane's HAL System. If you need manually mixed line audio sources, including USB Audio I/O, see the Rane AM1 Automixer. Each of the eight XLR Mic Inputs offers front panel input Level controls feeding a gain-sharing automatic mixer. Rear panel, 3-position selectors support dynamic mics (no phantom power), condenser mics (48 V), or line input optimized for wireless receiver outputs (+10 dBu max). All Level controls come with front panel signal and overload indicators. The AM2 is optimized for automixing speech. The mic inputs have a fixed 100 Hz to 7 kHz bandpass filter to provide the best voice-only automatic mixing using the gain-sharing algorithm.
- Gain-Sharing Automatic Mic Mixing:Add up to 64 more gain-sharing inputs by cascading AM2 Automixers.
- Eight XLR Inputs with Level controlsSig/OL indicators.
- Each can be Mic, Mic with 48V phantom, or Line-level.
- Add USB audio, a line input and a headphone cue amp by cascading an AM1 Automixer.
- XLR Main with Mic/Line switch, Level controlSig/OL.
- Rane RAD and Cascade IN RJ-45 Ports:
- Cascade In Port connects up to seven Rane AM2 Automixers.
- RAD Port may send Output to Mongoose (CobraNet).
- RAD Port may send Output to HAL (DSP/control). It is possible to cascade the AM2 mix into Halogen's Gain-Sharing Auto Mixer or Room Combine Processor DSP, so that all mics connected to HAL may gain-share (does not work with the AM1).