PreSonus Atom Production and Performance Pad Controller
Capture the beat whenever and wherever creativity strikes with PreSonus®’ ATOM. An intuitive, musical, MIDI pad controller, ATOM’s dynamic, ultra-sensitive pads will give you all the expression you need, whether you’re making a beat, creating a driving synth line, or triggering sound effects and loops on the fly. Tight integration with both Studio One® and Ableton® Live mean that you stay inspired without missing a beat. Your focus will be off the screen and on your performance—where it matters most.
Fully bus-powered by USB, and compact enough to ride in your backpack with your laptop, ATOM is tightly integrated with Studio One and Impact XT. Impact XT is a powerful pad-style sampler with 16 pads, each with its own pitch, amplifier, and filter controls, all editable via ATOM so you can make adjustments on the fly. More than just a pad controller, ATOM also allows you to quickly add virtual instruments, change presets, create loop points, control the Studio One transport and more, allowing you to build dynamic performances and blazing fast productions.
Included with ATOM, Studio One Artist music production software enables you to compose, record, and produce without getting distracted by the tools or hemmed in with track limitations. Easy to learn and intuitive to use, Studio One’s unique drag and drop workflow and powerful tools will let you produce faster than ever before. Also included is a carefully curated loop and one-shot library custom-designed for ATOM by the hitmakers at MVP Loops. And if you need more, Studio One lets you shop, audition, and purchase new content right from your production environment.
While compatible with most third-party software, ATOM offers deeper integration with Ableton Live (version 10.1.5 and later). Launch clips and scenes, change track volume and panning, and switch between Session and Arranger views all while playing virtual instruments and Live’s Drum Rack device from ATOM’s 16 velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads. Add another ATOM to your setup and use one ATOM to perform and the second to launch and record clips. Two or more ATOM MIDI pad controllers can also be used to extend the performance range for your instruments and Drum Rack. Even better: any ATOM purchased after October 20, 2019 gets a free copy of Ableton Live Lite dropped in your My.PreSonus account.
Intuitive and easy-to-use, ATOM is more than just an expressive MIDI pad controller, it’s a production and performance controller as well. Use the velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads to play your virtual instruments live, with incredible expressiveness. Navigate your session without looking at the screen. Automate filter sweeps with four responsive knobs. Wherever inspiration takes you, ATOM lets you focus on the music.
- Trigger loops and effects and play virtual instruments with 16 full-size, velocity- and pressure-sensitive RGB pads
- 8 assignable pad banks
- MIDI Keyboard mode, Note Repeat mode, and Full Velocity mode to customize instrument control (Application dependent)
- 4 programmable rotary encoders and 20 assignable buttons, navigate and set more parameters faster
- Pressure switchable between MIDI aftertouch, channel pressure, and CC messages
- Selectable pad velocity curves and pad pressure thresholds
- Automatically detected by Studio One Artist, no setup required
- Navigate and choose an instrument from the Browser
- Studio One dynamically switches ATOM between Keyboard and Drum modes depending on the selected instrument
- Create a new track
- Change presets on a virtual instrument
- Change song tempo
- Set looping points
- Navigate the timeline
- Zoom in and out on the timeline or events
- Edit and quantize MIDI events
- Transport control (stop, play, record)
- Navigate Up, Down, Left, or Right in Live's Session view in banks of 4 with ATOM's navigation buttons
- Launch clips and scenes using ATOM's Session mode
- RGB LEDs display which clips are playing or stopped and reflect each clip's assigned color
- Play virtual instruments and Live's Drum Rack device using ATOM's Note mode
- Navigate Live's mixer using ATOM's Channel mode
- Select, Solo, and Record Enable channels as well as stop all clips on a selected channel
- Knobs are used to change track volume, track panning, Sends A, and Sends B for the selected bank
- Switch between Session and Arranger views from ATOM
- Record in either Session Record or Arranger Record modes
- Dedicated User mode for custom user assignments
- Metronome On/Off, Save and Undo, Loop On/Off, and more...
- MIDI "keyboard" mode
- Note Repeat mode
- Full Velocity mode (only send velocity 127)
- USB 2.0
- Studio One® Artist production software for Mac® and Windows®
- Ableton® Live Lite (for registered users after October 20, 2019)
- MVP Loops content custom-designed for ATOM
- Compatible with most music production and performance software for Mac and Windows
Computer system requirements:
Below are the minimum computer-system requirements for ATOM with Studio One 4 or later:Mac
- Mac® OS X 10.11 or higher (64-bit only)
- Intel® Core® 2 Duo processor (Intel Core i3 or better recommended)
- Windows® 7 (SP1 + platform update), Windows 8.1, or Windows 10 (64-bit only)
- Intel Core Duo or AMD® Athlon™ X2 processor (Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon X4 or better recommended)
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended)
- USB 2.0 port
- Internet connection (needed for software installation and activation)
- Monitor with 1366 x 768 resolution (high-dpi monitor recommended)
- 40 GB hard-drive space
- Universal Control 2.9 or later (for firmware updates)
- Studio One 4.1+ required for native integration
As a commitment to constant improvement, PreSonus® Audio Electronics, Inc., reserves the right to change any specification stated herein, at any time, without notification.