MAX SD Burst LP guitar Serial #009 with Custom-Wound “PAF’S”
Peter "Max" Baranet client list also includes the following artists:
Yes, KISS, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Fleetwood Mac, Judas Priest, RATT, Poison, Brian Setzer, The Go Go's, The Grateful Dead, Jackson Brown, Jethro Tull, Rickie Lee Jones, Steve Hunter, Girlschool, Larry Coryell, Ray Gomez, Larry Graham, The Commodores, Ian Hunter, Dave Mason, ABBA, DEVO, G.E. Smith, Yngwie Malmsteen, Crosby, Stills & Nash, Stevie D etc….
According to MAX...
"The are five main factors which contribute to create the sound of a Great Les Paul Sunburst. First, the shape and construction of the guitar. Next, the type of wood used. The type of finish. Amazingly, even the type of glue affects the sound. And of course, the Vintage correct pickups".
This guitar comes with Certificate of Authenticity from Roman Rist. The SD Model was conceived in a short endorsement collaboration with “Stevie D” of Buckcherry, and built with 70’s style Pancake bodies from old Mahogany wood.
This guitar is a variation of the classic ’59 Burst built with old growth mahogany, hide glue, real nitro finishes, exact top carves as 59 Les Paul Burst, same neck profiles with Brazilian fretboard.
This guitar has original Custom wound “PAF’S” built by Jim Wagner They measure neck 10.45K and bridge 12.9K. Powerful fat and creamy sounding guitar. Accurate neck profile that measures .95 @ 1st fret and 1.01 @ 12th fret. Guitar weighs in @ 9.7Lbs.
Certificate of Authenticity
- MAX SD Model Serial #009 (Visible in neck cavity & electronics cavity)
- To the best of my knowledge only 20 SD Models were ever built.
- It is a variation of the classic ’59 built with old growth mahogany, hide glue, real nitro finishes, exact top carves as 59, same neck profiles with Brazilian fretboards.
- The SD Model was conceived in a short endorsement collaboration with “Stevie D” of Buckcherry, hence the name ‘SD Model.’ All were built with 70’s style Pancake bodies from old wood.
- I, Roman Rist, personally acquired this from Max upon his retirement.
- I am his long-term friend (40 yr), former apprentice (80s – 90s), and protégé.
- I doubt many know the guitars and history of Max better than I, since I was there.
- I certify this guitar is 100 percent legit.