D'Addario NBM1140 Nickel Bronze Set Medium 11-40 Mandolin Strings
NBM1140 is a medium Nickel Bronze set that features strings for ease of playability and balance. Producing a distinctly clear and focused tone, Nickel Bronze strings bring out the unique character of your acoustic instrument, allowing its natural voice to be heard. String Tension ChartItem #NoteDiameterTension-E0.0110 in23.250 lbs-E0.011023.250-A0.015019.260-A0.015019.260-D0.026023.210-D0.026023.210-G0.040024.300-G0.040024.300 Product Features
- Coating: Uncoated
- Tuning: Standard
- Number Of Strings: 8
- Set Type: Sets
- Wrap Material: Nickel Bronze
- Nickel plated phosphor bronze wrap wire provides a uniquely balanced tone with enhanced mid-range frequencies, bringing out the true sound of your instrument
- Nickel plating increases natural corrosion resistance for a longer lasting uncoated string.
- Features D'Addario's exclusive high-carbon NY steel for unprecedented strength and tuning stability.
- Environmentally-friendly, corrosion-resistant packaging keeps strings fresh
- All D'Addario strings are designed, engineered, and manufactured in the USA
Does D’Addario have an online string tension guide?
Yes. We offer String Tension Pro - a free, easy-to-use website that allows you to create customized string sets, compare string sets, and determine the optimum gauges for your instrument and tuning.
How can I extend the life of my strings?
There are many factors that can affect the lifespan of your strings. Here are some tips to help extend the life of your strings:
1. Wipe down your strings after each use.
2. Try , which utilize a proprietary treatment to extend lifespan, while preserving the tone and feel of your favorite uncoated strings.
3. Try to prolong string life and performance.
How do I restring my guitar?
You will also find videos on restringing, tuning, humidification, and general maintenance.