D'Addario EXL165 Bass XL Long Scale Strings 45-105
EXL165 is a hybrid gauge that combines EXL170 and EXL160 for ideal combination of tone of distinctive bright and powerful low end. XL Nickel Wound electric bass strings, long recognized as the industry standard, are ideal for a wide range of musical styles. String Tension ChartItem #NoteDiameterTensionXLB045G0.0450 in42.520 lbsXLB065D0.065048.350XLB085A0.085045.340XLB105E0.105038.080 Product Features
- Coating: Uncoated
- Tuning: Standard
- Number Of Strings: 4
- Scale Length: Long
- Set Type: Sets
- Wrap Material: Nickel-Plated Steel
- Hybrid gauge that combines EXL170 and EXL160 for ideal combination of tone of distinctive bright and powerful low end
- Round wound with nickel plated steel for a distinctive bright tone with clear fundamentals
- These strings are designed for long scale basses (34”+) and have a taper at 36 – 7/8”
- All D'Addario strings are designed, engineered, and manufactured in the USA
- String Gauges: Wound .045, .065, .085, .105
Why does the ball end side of the low B string for my bass have a taper?
Many 5-string bass players prefer a tapered end for the low B string. This allows the heavier gauge low B string to be positioned on the bridge more evenly with the other 4 strings. The taper can also improve the clarity of the fundamental tone, which improves intonation.
Does D’Addario have an online string tension guide?
Yes. We offer String Tension Pro - a free, easy-to-use website that allows you to create customized string sets, compare string sets, and determine the optimum gauges for your instrument and tuning.
How can I extend the life of my strings?
There are many factors that can affect the lifespan of your strings. Here are some tips to help extend the life of your strings:
1. Wipe down your strings after each use.
2. Try , which utilize a proprietary treatment to extend lifespan, while preserving the tone and feel of your favorite uncoated strings.
3. Try to prolong string life and performance.
How do I restring my guitar?
You will also find videos on restringing, tuning, humidification, and general maintenance.